Setting up the Pi

Over the last little while I have managed to get the Raspberry Pi setup and got Meteor installed and running. I moved the app over to the Pi and initially it ran but wasn’t updating the weather. I eventually realized that it was the Epiphany (Gnome) web browser that was the culprit. After a few failed attempts I was eventually able to get Chromium installed and viola the app worked perfectly. Using Chromium also solved another problem where I was unable to access the database from the console. Running meteor mongo just keeps giving me an error. At least with Chromium I can use the javascript console to edit the database.

I’ve also got the browser to autostart in kiosk mode with the localhost page but still need to get the meteor app to run automatically as well.

Leave a Reply